As a general rule, natural and organic cosmetics are always better for the skin than other products that might contain synthetic components. If you can do it yourself even better! In any case, it is always good to test some of them in case that they don’t produce any allergy in your skin. If this is not the case, maybe you have everything you need in your kitchen to create homemade cosmetics! Last week I went to a cosmetic course where we create homemade face moisture and organic deodorant. It was a great experience, and I would like to share with you the recipes so you can do them at home. I hope you enjoy “cooking” them! Have a nice day!
UNIVERSAL MOISTURIZING CREAM
200g extra organic olive oil
1 apple eco skin
1/2 stick cinnamon stick or lavender (fresh or in essential oil)
Candelilla wax (Euphorbia zero waste cerifera)
25gr (ratio 1: 9 with olive oil)
Step by step
- Peel the apples and save the skin and the center
- Infuse olive oil in a water bath with the skin and the center of the apple (we can also use other foods such as pear and carrot)
- Add chopped fresh lavender or raw cinnamon at that time. If not, you can add a few drops of lavender essential oil at the end.
- After 20 minutes, filter the oil and put it back in a water bath.
- Add candelilla wax and let it melt. The ideal is one part of wax for every 9 of oil, but we can adapt it to our liking.
Ingredients for one person:
- Corn starch 30 gr
- Bicarbonate 15 gr
- Virgin coconut oil (cocos nucifera) 30 gr
- Cocoa butter (Theobroma cacao) or shea (vitellaria Paradoxus) 15 gr
- Essential oils to taste (2/4 drops)
- Melt and mix the chosen butter and coconut oil in a bain-marie
- Stop the fire
- Add cornstarch and mix until smooth
- Add baking soda and mix
- Add essential oils (between 6 and 8 drops, adapt to taste)
- Olive oil: Hydrates the skin, repairs damaged tissues, maintains the skin’s natural elasticity.
- Apple: Protects against bacteria, hydrates and cleanses, stimulates circulation and reduces acne.
- Cinnamon: Anti-fungal, antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory
- Lavender: astringent, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, regenerating and antioxidant tonic (reduces wrinkles)
- Corn starch: Natural thickener, absorbs moisture, healing, soothes irritation and burns.
- Bicarbonate: Natural exfoliant, absorbs and neutralises odours, relieves irritations, hives and bites.
- Coconut oil: antifungal, antibacterial and antiviral. Nourishes, hydrates and repairs the skin. It restores PH and is an antioxidant.
- Cocoa butter: Comedogenic, regenerates and repairs the dermis.Anti-irritant, antioxidant and healing agent against burns, scars and bruises for containing vitamins A, D, E and F.
- Shea butter: Solidifying, antioxidant by polyphenols, hydrates and regenerates. Anti-inflammatory.